Perfumes Loewe pays particular attention to the processing, confidentiality and safety of your personal data.
Perfumes Loewe, S.A., a company with headquarters located at Calle Isla de Java 33, 28034, Madrid, Spain registered in the Madrid Commercial Register of Companies in General Volume 10,190, Folio 183, Sheet No. M-91860, with Tax Identification No. A-79287124 (hereinafter Perfumes Loewe) is the data controller of personal data collected on the website www.perfumesloewe.com, other websites, in shops and counters in the sense of regulations applying to personal data, in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data (hereinafter the «GDPR»).
1. What is personal data?
Personal data is any information about an identified physical person or a physical person that may be directly or indirectly identified via an identification number or one or more elements particular to them, such as their last name, first name, date of birth, customer number, order number, photo, etc.
2. When can we collect your personal data?
Perfumes Loewe can collect your personal data when you:
– create a customer account on our website, apps, or in our stores;
– order goods from our website;
– make purchases in stands in stores;
– agree to receive personalized marketing communications from us by email, telephone, SMS or post, depending on your selection;
– answer surveys or satisfaction questionnaires based on your customer experience;
– your publications/ mentions of our products on social networks;
– contact our customer service;
– interact with our Maison via its official page on social networks or when we suggest re-use of content that you have published on a social network;
– send requests for information to our Maison;
– browse on the Internet using cookies or similar technology or when you click on advertisements for our products.
– take part in an event we organize;
3. What personal data might we collect?
(i) As part of the services we provide, we may need to collect certain data directly from you using electronic forms on our website, mobile apps or in selected stores, or in paper form, for a range of purposes (see IV for a list of processing purposes).
Information we might collect includes:
– Your identity
– Your contact details (e.g. email address)
– Your personal preferences in relation to the products we market or to our website (language);
– Information relating to your orders, their tracking and your purchase invoices;
– Information you may provide for our customer service;
– Specific health data if you notify us of any undesirable side-effects concerning any of our products;
– Your bank details if you place an order via our website;
– Your publications/mentions relating to our products on social networks.
Personal data essential to Perfumes Loewe is marked with an asterisk on all personal data collection forms on our website, in electronic form at some of our counters and stores, as well as off-line in paper form. If you do not fill in these compulsory fields, Perfumes Loewe will probably be unable to respond to your request and/or provide you with the requested services. Other information is optional and enables us to get to know you better and improve our communications and services with respect to you.
During your purchase journey, you will be able to choose between i) logging into your existing Perfumes Loewe account, ii) creating a new account, or iii) paying as a Guest. This last purchasing experience is thus summarized as follows. Payment for purchases as a Guest refers to the possibility for any Perfumes Loewe customer or prospect to make a purchase in our online store without logging into an account. Your information is collected for the process of payment and delivery of items or for Perfumes Loewe in order to comply with applicable laws. Your information may also be used for analytical purposes by Perfumes Loewe and for communication purposes via its preferred channel (for example: sending a general newsletter relating to the news of our Maison by email for which you have the right to object). For more information on these purposes, please go to the section "For what purpose is your personal data collected and used?".
(ii) We may also collect certain data generated by your purchases of products or services, online or in stores, particularly information regarding the amount and type of your purchases.
(iii) Lastly, we may collect information regarding the use of our website, especially with respect to your browsing (pages visited, links clicked, etc.). Some of this information may be collected using cookies placed in your web browser when you browse our website. For more information about cookies, click here.
Personal data of the privileged interlocutors are kept in a separate database: first name, last name, professional email address(es), social network accounts, professional phone number(s), media contributions, position(s), favourite subjects.
4. For what purpose is your personal data collected and used?
Perfumes Loewe processes your data to:
– enable you to create a customer account on our website, applications and at our counters and in our stores;
– manage your access to your customer account on the Internet or our applications;
– record purchases made at our counters or in our stores;
– manage customer relations with respect to any requests for information or complaints you may send us via our website, customer service or social network pages;
– trace and manage any alerts you may send us as part of our cosmetic vigilance obligations;
– manage and optimize your customer experience by improving our knowledge of our customers;
– propose appropriate, tailored services, particularly when we enhance our products and services;
– conduct statistical analyses to develop management, measuring and reporting tools in order to adjust and improve our sales, marketing and product manufacturing;
– analyse our brand performance on social networks in order to produce statistical analysis (market research, brand influence and campaign analysis);
– promote our Maison;
– send a generic newsletter: you have the right to object if you no longer wish to receive it; – subject to your free, specific, informed and unambiguous consent: to send you personalised information according to the communication preferences and use third party services to personalise your profile; In the latter interaction, when we send personalised communications or content, we may use so-called profiling techniques. For the sake of transparency within this Policy, profiling is defined as any form of automated processing of personal data that consists of using that personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict elements concerning the preferences, interests, behaviour, location of that natural person. In these circumstances, you have the right to withdraw your consent.
In particular, Global-e, our provider, processes your data to as data controller for:
– The payment of your orders;
– invoicing of your orders;
– fraud checks;
– customs duties and taxes related to your order;
– customer services related.
The data of privileged persons are collected in order to:
– distribute our press releases
– send invitations to our events
– to organise and qualify our meetings
5. What legal grounds legitimize the processing of your data?
Perfumes Loewe processes your personal information:
– to perform the contract agreed between yourself and Perfumes Loewe, to manage your access to your customer account and to process and track your orders;
– our legitimate interest: for example, to improve our products and services, to defend ourselves, to contact Privileged interlocuters, to secure our tools or to refine our customer knowledge through our third party partners' tools and in particular to:
- to define the personalised profile of our customers based on their interests and to provide them with relevant offers of our brand on other websites;
- identify audiences similar to our target audience (in order to deliver our offers to audiences of people with similar profiles to our customers).
– within the framework of compliance with our legal obligations, particularly fiscal obligations (conserving purchase invoices) and cosmetic vigilance with regard to Regulation (EU) 1223/2009 of 30 November 2009 on cosmetic products;
6. Who are the recipients of your personal data?
Your personal data is processed by the personnel of Perfumes Loewe. We ensure that only authorized persons within Perfumes Loewe have access to your personal data when this is necessary for the purpose of managing our commercial relations or meeting our legal obligations.
We may also share your personal data with;
– other Perfumes Loewe, S.A. subsidiaries;
– other entities of the LVMH Group, with some of these entities acting as data processors;
- The payment of your orders;
- invoicing of your orders;
- fraud checks;
- customs duties and taxes related to your order;
- customer services related.
– subcontractors, such as:
- site hosting and maintenance service providers and the providers of our electronic personal data collection solutions at counters and in stores;
- logistic service providers;
- marketing solution service providers;
- sales prospection and social network communication service providers;
- customer service providers;
- service providers for managing cosmetic vigilance alerts;
- event organization service providers;
- Global-e, as a subcontractors, concerning: The management of your personal data for the processing of customer service request related to: delivery and shipping your order, request related to your order (cancellation, refund, etc.), …
– Third parties who carry out statistics relating to our performance on social networks on our behalf;
– Third parties wishing to know your main interests to constitute similar audiences and target prospects that match your profile. In the context of this specific data processing, Perfumes Loewe is not Data controller relating to prospecting and your will not be subject to prospecting, your data is only used to constitute profiles similar to yours.
Lastly, Perfumes Loewe may need to share your personal data with third parties to meet its legal, regulatory or treaty obligations, or to respond to requests from authorized legal authorities.
7. How do we ensure the protection and confidentiality of your data?
The security measures we have in place are evaluated and updated to meet new threats and challenges, as well as new legal requirements in the countries where we operate. We require our partners and group companies to maintain a similar level of protection for your personal data as we do. We take reasonable precautions to ensure the confidentiality and security of your data. We prevent your data from being distorted, damaged, destroyed or accessed by unauthorised third parties.
Your bank details are not transmitted unencrypted on the servers of Perfumes Loewe. Payments are made via a secure payment platform, supplemented by control measures, in order to guarantee the security of purchases made on www.perfumesloewe.com and to fight against fraud. The details of your payment card communicated at the time of your order are never accessible in clear text on the network: they are encrypted using the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol.
8. Transferring data abroad
Because Perfumes Loewe operates in many countries around the world and in order to provide you with a personalised service worldwide, some of your data may be collected, accessed or stored outside your country of residence. You should be aware that data protection and security requirements differ from place to place and may not provide the same level of protection as in your home country.
You are informed that your data may be transferred for the purposes mentioned above to companies located in countries outside the European Union which have a lower level of data protection than the European Union. Prior to the transfer outside the European Union, Perfumes Loewe will take all necessary measures and guarantees to secure such transfers. Data may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers.
9. How long do we keep your data?
The legal retention periods defined by Perfumes Loewe comply with the recommendations of the Personal Data Authority of your country and/or the legal obligations to which Perfumes Loewe is subject.
We keep your personal data only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, to meet your needs, or to comply with our legal obligations.In general, your personal data is kept in our database:
– Data subject: Regular customer (i.e.: having a Customer profile);
– Duration: 5 years from the date of the first purchase or account creation;
– Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with Perfumes Loewe (for example a purchase or an update of your profile) or your consent to continue to interact at the end of this period;
– Data subject: Prospect (i.e. never purchased products from Perfumes Loewe but registered for our communications);
– Duration: 3 years from the date of data collection;
– Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with Perfumes Loewe (e.g. participation in an event) or your consent to continue to interact at the end of this period;
– Data subject: Client ‘Guest’ (i.e. not having a Client account);
– Duration: 5 years from the date of first purchase;
– Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with Perfumes Loewe (e.g. a purchase);
– Data subject: customer care (i.e.: complaints or information);
– Duration: duration of the processing of the request plus 5 years. For exercises of rights, under GDPR, the request is kept during its treatment plus 6 years;
– Data subject: cosmetovigilance;
– Duration: duration of the processing of the request plus 10 years in archive.
– Data subject: Privileged interlocutors (e.g. agents, stylists, journalist, celebrity managers, artists) in relation to Maison Perfumes Loewe Public Relations services;
– Duration: 10 years from the date of your first contact;
– Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with Perfumes Loewe (for example a request for information on the Perfumes Loewe).
In particular, the GDPR provides the following rights:
10. What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
– Right of access: you have the right to access the personal data that Perfumes Loewe holds about you;
– Right of rectification: you have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or obsolete and / or to supplement it if it is incomplete;
– Right to erasure / right to be forgotten: you have the right to have your data erased or deleted. However, this right may be limited by a legal reason or our legitimate interest in keeping your personal data;
– Right of opposition: you can at any time request to no longer receive our communications relating to our offers, news and events. You can in particular use the hypertext link provided for this purpose in each email or communication that we send to you. You can also request to receive non-personalized communications about our products and services;
– Right to withdraw consent at any time for data processing based on consent: you can withdraw your consent relating to our processing of your data when this processing is based on consent.
– Right to data portability: you have the right to move, copy or transfer data from our database to another. This right only applies to the data you have provided, and provided that the processing is based on a contract or your consent and carried out using automated processes. You can exercise these rights directly with Perfumes Loewe by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a non-registered letter by post to Calle Isla de Java 33, 28034, Madrid, Spain. You can exercise the rights relating to the collection and processing of your data by Global-e directly by sending an email at dataprotection@Global-e.com. If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive details of our offers, news and events, you can unsubscribe using the hypertext link provided for this purpose in each mail we send you. You may also lodge a complaint with the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos, at the following address Calle Jorge Juan 6, 28001, Madrid, Spain. We also wish to inform you about the contacts of other authorities in Europe that you can find and contact on the website of the European Data Protection Board: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_fr
For all questions relating to the collection and processing of your data by Perfumes Loewe you can contact the Perfumes Loewe Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
You can also contact Global-e directly by sending an email at dataprotection@Global-e.com.
Last update: Feb 2024
11. Contact details of the Data Protection Officer (DPO)