What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent to the user’s device (where the term “device” refers to PCs, tablets, mobile phones or any other device the user may use to access the Website) when visiting the Website. Cookies are stored on the device’s hard drive so that the Website can recognize the user and store certain user information to enable or enhance the service provided.
Types of cookies
Cookies come in many forms depending on their purpose, the amount of time they remain activated and the entity that manages them. It is important to bear in mind that the same cookie can belong to more than one category.
- Depending on the entity that manages the equipment sending the cookies and how it processes the data obtained, we can distinguish between first-party cookies (sent to the user’s device from the equipment or domain managed by the publisher of the website providing the service requested by the user) and third-party cookies (sent to the user’s device from equipment or a domain that is not managed by the publisher of the website providing the service requested by the user).
- Depending on the amount of time cookies remain activated on the device, we can distinguish between session cookies (cookies designed to collect and store data while the user is connected to the Website) and persistent cookies (cookies that remain stored on the user’s device and that can be accessed and processed for a period of time determined by the cookie’s manager, that can be anywhere from a few minutes to several years).
- Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies is processed , we can distinguish between technical cookies (that allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and use the various options and services that these provide—for example, record items that comprise an order), personalization cookies (that allow the user to access the service with certain general predefined characteristics based on a series of criteria on the device such as language) and analytics cookies (that allow the cookie manager to track and analyze user behavior on the websites to which they are linked). The information collected by the latter type of cookie is used to measure activity on websites, applications or platforms and to create navigation profiles of the users of these websites, applications or platforms. . This is done to introduce improvements based on the analysis of visitor usage data, advertising cookies (for managing the advertising spaces published on the website) and behavioral advertising cookies (for managing advertising spaces and storing the users’ behavioral information, that is obtained by continuously observing their browsing habits so as to build specific profiles for advertising purposes).
Cookies are essential to the operation of this website (the Website). The primary purpose of our cookies is to improve your browsing experience. This includes, for example, recording user preferences (language, country, etc.) during browsing sessions and on future visits.
The information collected with these cookies also enables us to improve the Website by establishing statistics and usage patterns in order to tailor the Website to a user’s individual interests, to quicken searches, etc.
PERFUMES LOEWE cannot access or control cookies or other tracking technology used on third-party websites that the user can access through the Website. It also has no control over the availability of any content and material published or obtained through these websites, or the way in which these websites process related personal data. Consequently, PERFUMES LOEWE expressly disclaims all liability arising from these circumstances.
Without your express consent (by allowing cookies in your browser) PERFUMES LOEWE will not link the stored data in cookies.
The User expressly authorizes, in using this Site, the processing of the information collected in the form and for the purposes mentioned above. Likewise the user acknowledges the possibility to disallow the processing of such data or information by disabling Cookies in their browser settings. However if Cookies are blocked by the browser, this may limit full use of all the functions of the Website.
Types of cookies
– Technical cookies: Technical cookies enable the user to browse a website, platform or application and to use the various options or services that exist therein, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, enter restricted-access areas, remember the details that make up an order, complete the purchase process for an order, make a request to register or take part in an event, use security features while browsing, store content for the purposes of playing videos or sound, or share content via social networks.
– Personalization cookies: Personalization cookies enable the user to access the service with some predefined properties of a general nature depending on a set of criteria in the user’s computer such as the language, the browser you use to access the service, the regional settings from where you access the service, etc.
– Analytics cookies: Processed by us or by third parties, analytics cookies allow us to quantify the number of users and as such to measure and statistically analyze how the users utilize the service offered. For this purpose, we analyze your browsing activity on our website in order to improve the product offering or the services that we offer.
– Advertising cookies: Processed by us or by third parties, advertising cookies allow us to manage as effectively as possible the offering of advertising spaces on the website, by tailoring advertising content to the content of the service requested or to your use of our website.
For this purpose, we may analyze your Internet browsing habits and may show you advertising related to your browsing profile.
– Behavioral advertising cookies: Behavioral advertising cookies allow us to manage as effectively as possible the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included on a website, application or platform where the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on user behavior obtained by continuously observing their browsing habits in order to build specific profiles and as such to display relevant advertising.
Third-party cookies: This website may use third-party services that, on behalf of PERFUMES LOEWE, will compile information for statistical purposes, on the use of the Website on the part of the user for the purposes of providing other services related to activity on the Website and other Internet services.
Cookies used by the Website and their purpose
The types of cookies used on our Website, and the purpose of each, is indicated in the table below:
|_icl_current_language||Technical connection and language cookie||1 day||Perfumes Loewe||Own|
|cookie_ue||Technical and session cookie||Session||Perfumes Loewe||Own|
|ga||Google Analytics cookie||2 years||Third-party cookie|
|_utm, _utmz||Google Analytics cookie||Session||Third-party cookie|
|gat||Google Analytics cookie||Session|
Further to any change in the services offered by the Website, information on the cookies used by the Website will be updated as promptly as possible. Notwithstanding any failure to include a cookie in the updated information, the cookies used will never deviate from the purposes set out in this list.
For more information on cookies, we include the following links:
– Guidelines on cookies published on the website of the Spanish Data Protection Agency (Spanish language only):
– Regulations applicable in Europe:
How to disable, block and delete cookies
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your hardware by configuring the settings of the browser installed on your computer:
Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings. For further information, please consult Microsoft support or the Help section in your browser.
Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom settings. For further information, please consult Mozilla support or the Help section in your browser.
Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings. For further information, please consult Google support or the Help section in your browser.
Safari: Preferences -> Security. For further information, please consult Apple support or the Help section in your browser.
Disabling cookies may limit Website functionality and prevent the user from taking advantage of all the features and services provided on the Website.